Home

Should my son join the military

Join the U.S. Coast Guard - Jobs, Requirements, Benefit

1. Your Education. Your Job. Your Future. Find An Air Force Recruiter Now
  2. Join the Team That Makes a Difference. Find Out What It Takes At goarmy.com. Learn How To Best Serve Your Country & Make a Difference. Visit goarmy.com
  3. The Army gives your son or daughter the opportunity to use his or her training in a job environment that encourages career development and personal growth. Learn about Job Opportunities Money for College and Other Benefits The benefits of joining the Army include job skills, money for college, help with job placement and more
  4. The 529 college savings plan I opened when my son was an infant stared back at me. These days, I think about my kids joining the military in practical terms
  5. People must be at least 17 years old to enlist with parental consent. Without parental consent, people must be 18. What if My Child Wants Out? Commitment to the military is based on a contract,..
  6. I told my son that if he joined the Army and went into the military police, he would gain the experience he needs to be more competitive. There are literally hundreds of jobs in the military that..

When your child joins the Army, your parent-child relationship adapts and grows as both your lives change over the years. I wouldn't change a thing about being the mom of my Soldier son. From the people I've met, to the things I've learned, and the places I've been, this army mom life has been amazing 5 Things to Know When Your Child Joins the Military. Written by Melissa-Riker | December 3, 2012. Photo via Jeffrey Turner. As an Army wife and mother to three young boys the prospect of my children one day joining the military obviously makes me proud. It would, however, be a lie to say it doesn't scare me as well.. To join the Military, your child must be a U.S. citizen who is 18 years old, or 17 with your signed permission. He or she will need a high school diploma or GED, so encourage him or her to stay in school and maintain good grades. If your child wants to be an officer, he or she will need a four-year college degree

Title-page photograph: Samuel H

Parents should also be aware of the Defense Department and service policies regarding issues that could disqualify their children from entering the military. When military dependents join the.. With a parental waiver, you can actually join the military at just 17 years of age. Now, it only takes 20 years of service to become eligible for retirement. That means that you could collect a pension, have full health coverage forever, and start a whole other career before you're 40 Military.com | By Marco O'brien. Everybody's always talking about why you should join the military, so I decided to give you five reasons not to join the military. Here they are in no particular. I'll try to address this question as specifically as I can. I am a Former U S Marine. I also much later after I got out worked as a Civilian for The U S Army. I also have cooperated and associated with the Air Force and Navy. They all are good and.. If your son or daughter wants to join the army aged 16 or 17 then they'll need your permission first. There are good reasons to wait until your child turns 18, which is what many parents do. Whichever choice you make, this page offers some advice. Joining at 16 or 1

Video: Discover Your Skills, Earn A Degree And Take Your Career To New Heights

Excellent Pay & Benefit · Over 130 Career Option

Conceptual Marketing Corporation - ANALYSIS INFORMATION

Boys especially need a structured specific plan in their lives. I don't say the military is the needed cookie cutter solution, but if one doesn't have a detailed plan for them to follow, you might as well let them be. He lost all that weight almost against your will, says a lot about him! I forced my son to go into the military, and he loves it When folks say thank you for your service to my son, an army second lieutenant, it is much appreciated.by his mother. Having a child in the military is an adjustment. When your baby goes off to college we, as mothers and fathers, weep and miss those long-lost days of handholding and hugs

Couldn't sleep, crying all the time because I might loose my son. Once you join the military half of your body is in the grave. You they told you to go to war, you cannot say no. Leave a comment. Create a free account with Care.com and join our community today. Join now. User in Clearwater, MN I really appreciate all of this information. My son, Joseph, leaves here in just a couple of days, and I am catching myself crying at any point in the day, thinking of him when he was just a little guy. He is my first child to join the military, and I have no idea what I am doing! I don't want to miss a thing

U.S. Air Force Careers - Earn While You Learn

When I decided to join the Army after high school, I weighed everything in the balance. I signed up in a time of war, knowing I would be sent into harm's way. But becoming a soldier was my one goal, and I was determined to go. It was all I ever wanted in life. I had a successful career and I would still be serving today if I could My answer may surprise you: definitely. Whether I would let my daughter enlist is not even the right question: once she is 18, she has the right to join the military - and as strong willed as. Similarly, Jennifer says her 16-year-old son has been talking about joining the military for a couple of years, but as he gets closer to reaching an adult age, she is worried My son is joining the marines. He can still go to college if he wants to; he'll just be taking a different road to get there. The sky is the limit and who knows what my boy will do? Right now, while other kids are getting their college acceptance letters, my son is perfecting his pull-ups in preparation for bootcamp

U.S. Army® Official Site - Build a Distinguished Caree

1. When your child wants to attend a U.S. Military Academy. Each year West Point Military Academy, the nation's most well-known service academy, hosts its annual Reception Day (R-Day) and welcomes around 1,200 new cadet candidates. Getting accepted into any of the five highly competitive military service academies, The United States Military.
  2. *** The picture at 7:30 is not me.... but it is a cool picture of someone I know. Young people are always asking me, should I enlist in the military or go.
  3. In addition to deciding on a military service, if you have a four-year college bachelors degree (or above), you should decide whether you want to join that service as a commissioned officer, or whether you wish to join as an enlisted member. Commissioned officers make a lot more money than enlisted members
  4. Plan your next move with the help of a Coast Guard recruiter. Make a difference on land, sea or in the air with the U.S. Coast Guard
  5. Similarly, Jennifer says her 16-year-old son has been talking about joining the military for a couple of years, but as he gets closer to reaching an adult age, she is worried
  6. I've realized that kids that join based on their own Accord and personal motivation tend to succeed better in the military. If you are in the military, I would encourage you to set up to become a role model for your child to emulate or become, but don't force them nor expect them to join
  7. I think him going to the Army first is a good idea it will help him grow up to be a man an give him a lot of good experiences . Plus the service will help him pay for his college education . you can always tell the difference of a man that has life experiences than one that when he is older wish he had done that an will feel he always missed out on something . what ever he decides he is on the.

My son has wanted to join the army since graduation last year. But he's always been a 'bigger' kid. Over the last year he has worked hard and lost over 80 pounds. Two week ago he told me he was going to join the army. Not so fast forward to today he tells me he is leaving August 8. Two weeks When an 18 year old began to consider joining the army, his mom forgot her aggravation at his piles of dirty clothes, fights with a younger brother, and stench of Axe. She longed to keep him safe at home. The card was sitting on my desk, along with my son's bus pass and some loose change Being 14 and wanting to go to the military is not like wanting to become the president or some other job that eventually changes with life experience and knowledge. Due to the fact there is literally a prep program for kids his age that has a rec..

Here's the reality version of the answer. If you're looking to make your life better and give yourself a leg up with regard to the future the Navy is a far better choice. The Marines offer a definitive program in making boys into men but at an exp.. Tell me why my son should not join the Marines. samclem March 9, 2006, 1:05am #1. My 19 year old son decided against college. Worked for a year. Intelligent, not BA/BS material (at this point anyway), but not dumb either. Needs some maturity. Just this last week he decided (I think because a friend is going into the Marines) that he will join.

As long as the man has proof of his active duty military service, such as his DD 214, or current military ID card if still on active duty or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, his subsequent failure to register should not be a bar to any benefits or programs, contingent upon registration compliance, for which he is otherwise qualified Why should I join the (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines)? This is actually one of the most important questions you can ask. After all, you'll be spending the next 4 - 20 years of your life if you decide to commit to a branch. Of course, the recruiter will try to paint a very good picture. But prod him or her for the downsides as well

Many kids also consider joining a branch of the military, like the Navy, Air Force or Army. If you're thinking a military career might be valuable, take a moment to consider a few of the pros. If you've been thinking about joining the military, but have been diagnosed with ADHD, you may be wondering whether or not you can join. Short answer: Yes.While there are significant hurdles to jump over, it is possible to join any one of the 5 branches of the military if you have ADHD The U.S. military has six branches of service: the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Space Force. The requirements to join are similar for all six, but there are differences in age limits, test scores, and fitness levels. You can apply online or through a recruiter

MRFF: I have an (Grade Level withheld)th grade son who has expressed an interest in attending the US Air Force Academy. While I recognize that as a (age withheld) year old he is likely to change his mind ten times before he decides on the colleges to which he'll apply, I nontheless have encouraged this ide So, my (almost) 16 year old boy wants to join the army! My son turns 16 next month. Whilst he's not academically a high achiever, he's a great lad and I'm (obviously) extremely proud of him. There are a few requirements to join (or enlist) in the Military. Your child must: Be 18 (17 with parental consent). The maximum age to join most services is 35 however the Air Force allows up to 39 years of age and the Navy only 34. Be a U.S. citizen or resident alien THE NAVY JOURNEY. The Navy is the next step for many young people looking to grow, learn, and create a meaningful future for themselves. If your son or daughter is considering joining the Navy, you might be surprised by the education opportunities, career advancements, personal growth, and life experiences that are ahead of them

A Message to Parents. For a young adult, the decision to join the Army will be the most important choice of his or her life. But that decision can be difficult to make without the support of family and friends. This section is designed to help you understand the benefits of military service, and what you can expect for the future My son has decided to join the US Navy. I am extremely proud of him. tomorrow he goes to take the ASVAB and get his physical and begin the process. he took a practice ASVAB in the recruiters office and apparently scored very high (84 of 99 possible according to them. I trust recruiters like i t.. Speaker 5: I've always wanted to join the Military. I went through college, and the, you know, the economy is not the greatest thing right now, but I've always wanted to join. Speaker 6: Family full of Marines. My uncle did 32, my father did 23 and it'll be awesome to join as well, become a part of a brotherhood Fight for your son! He could easily become cannon fodder, although the ROTC experience should help avoid that. The Army needs new recruits to drive the IED-laden roads in Iraq. Better to let the new ones do it, because there's little invested in them. I would do all but disown my son if he were to be thinking of joining the military Family Separation Allowance . Married members are entitled to a Family Separation Allowance, when they are separated from their dependents, due to military orders.The tax-free allowance begins after separation of 30 days. It means married people in basic training and technical school (if the technical school duration is less than 20 weeks) begins to receive this pay 30 days after going on.

The following are the basic requirements for joining. You must: Be a U.S. citizen or nationalized to be a Coast Guard officer. To enlist, you must be a U.S. citizen or a resident alien. Be between. The Coast Guard participates in the Post-9/11 GI Bill, which provides up to 36 months of education benefits for 15 years after your release from active duty. 8. Like the other military branches, the Coast Guard offers accelerated pay grades for advanced enlistment rank up to E-3 for such things as college credits or JROTC. 9

Graduates interested in joining the military can benefit from discussing their options with a military recruiter. In this article, we explain what a military recruiter is and what questions an interested candidate should ask their recruiter. What if my child wants to leave the military Child Support Payments . The military does not regulate the method of child support payment, leaving the decision up to the custodial parent and the non-custodial parent (NCP) service member.  Once the monthly child support amount has been determined, it is important to set up a means of receiving the support payments when a service member is not able to assist in physically caring for.

Why Should My Son or Daughter Join the Army? goarmy

As I get closer to sending in my enlistment application I am thinking more and more if this is a wise decision. I have wanted to join the CG for a long time, but I know being in the military is not like most jobs or like school (you can't just quit or drop a class if you don't like what you are doing in the military) Your child can do amazing things and forge an incredible career in the Air Force, but joining is a big decision and shouldn't be made alone. If your child aspires to join, take the time to learn about what they can expect from life in the Air Force. You may be surprised at the extensive resources and rich experiences that await them as an Airman As I write this answer my son is in basic training for the United States Marine Corps. I will tell you why he decided to join the Marines. There were various outside factors as he was graduating high school earlier this year. He played High School..

Would I Encourage My Kids To Join The Military? It Depends

U.S. citizens or Legal Permanent Residents (people who have an INS I-151/I-551 Green Card) may join the U.S. Military. For more information about citizenship, visit the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization (INS) website. Properly documented noncitizens may enlist. However, opportunities may be limited No. the only son, the last son to carry the family name, and sole surviving son must register with Selective Service. These sons can be drafted. However, they may be entitled to peacetime deferment if there is a military death in the immediate family. See more information on Who Needs to Register You are exempt only if one of your siblings or parents died as a result of military service. You do not have to be a sole remaining son to meet this requirement — the exemption applies to all.

Military conscription—commonly called the draft—has been used in six wars: the American Civil War, World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. The nation's first peacetime draft began in 1940 with the enactment of the Selective Training and Service Act and ended in 1973 with the end of the Vietnam War Yes, you can. It's more common than you realize. If you already have children, that's the first topic of discussion for you and your recruiter. Number one reason is that you need someone to take care of them during your time in boot camp/basic tra.. The Department of State has cautioned military families to apply early for regular tourist passports. The wait time is now six weeks. It could get longer over the summer as a record number of applications is expected to roll in. You can reduce the wait time to three weeks with an extra $60 expedite fee per application My son, who is currently a college freshman, said he was interested in going into the Army. His dad, a career Army officer, essentially said to him that the life of an officer in the military is a much better life. My son was not interested in the Academy ( dad is a grad). He enrolled in ROTCClasses at his college

Answers To Parents' Questions About the Military

After we celebrated the Fourth of July with a family barbecue, my 18-year-old son, Sam, shipped out for Marine Corps boot camp in San Diego. The idea of having a son in the military still seems. Military.com. Recruiters are honest, well-trained, committed professionals. Meeting a recruiter should be an informative, stress-free experience. These 10 tips will make sure you're prepared for. Toiletries. Required toiletries include a toothbrush with a case, hairbrush or comb, one washcloth and towel, antiperspirant, shower shoes (flip-flops), toothpaste, dental floss, shampoo, soap and a soap case, a disposable razor or safety razor with blades, and shaving cream (optional for women). If you're flying to your training location.

Whether to join the military prior to finishing college depends on your goals and circumstances. If you'd like to become an officer, then you need to complete your degree prior to joining. If you need tuition assistance, then completing your degree over time as an enlisted member might be the right choice Female Speaker 1: The recruiting process is, the applicant will come into the office and meet with their recruiter, talk typically about what it is you want to do, what are your intentions in joining the Guard, and then, after that, you would set an interview to ASVAB.. Male Speaker 1: An ASVAB is a Military Aptitude Battery Test.Pretty much, it's how well you perform on certain tasks

Michael Heath-Caldwell MGiant Image Management - Diary of SilviamatrilineallyOur Kirschman / Cashman Heritage In America By Lionel

Why Your Child Should Join The U

My son -- now Pfc. Tucker Hawkins -- is a U.S. Army infantryman. His dad, grandma, sister and I proudly watched from the bleachers Feb. 1 as he became one of 16,000 Soldiers who will graduate from. Joining the military can be a great way to do that. That was the route I took, and I have no regrets. I traveled the world, got a free college education, met my wife, and more or less had the time of my life. If you are considering joining the military, don't take the decision lightly. Read everything you can and talk to everyone you know who.

5 Ways Parenting Changes when your Child Joins the Army

How should you prepare for a meeting with a military recruiter? Learn about what to expect and what questions to ask. If you are unsure of which service to join, you may want to visit recruiters from all of the services.Tell the recruiter up front that you are visiting all of the recruiters before you make any decision The Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard each operate their own versions of the program for high school students. According to a Congressional Research Service report, 552,990 students. Ultimately, the decision to join ROTC depends on your personal goals and ambitions. You shouldn't join solely for the sake of the scholarship, because it is an enormous commitment—plus, some students don't receive a scholarship at all. Additionally, there are many academic, physical fitness, and medical requirements you'll need to meet. Military calling runs in families. Men and women who join the armed forces often follow in the footsteps of their fathers, joining the same branch or even the same regiments — if they're so. New National Guard recruits must meet certain physical qualifications—height, weight, fitness level—to enlist in the Guard in the first place. Basic Combat Training (BCT) is designed for civilians who've met those standards. So if your child is accepted into the Guard, it means we're confident they'll handle it very well

5 Things to Know When Your Child Joins the Militar

Military life insurance. The Servicemembers Group Life Insurance (SGLI) program sells insurance for members of the military and their spouses at low rates. Active duty military personnel, including reservists and National Guard members called to active duty, can buy coverage in increments of $50,000 up to a maximum of $400,000 BENEFITS FOR YOUR CHILD. The Army Cadet Force charter states that it provides challenging military, adventurous and community activities and aims to inspire young people to achieve success in life and to develop in them the qualities of a good citizen. This is achieved by providing progressive cadet training, often of a challenging and. First let me say, that I know little about the military. My father served in the Marines in Korea, although never saw combat, and well that is about it.I know what the branches are and have a very basic knowledge of what each do. I have an 18 year old son who is a nice young man.Unlike many in his generation, he is friendly and respectful

Military. My Son May Join The National Guard And I Pray I Can Be Supportive. by LoraMae Sullivan | April 16, 2019. A few months ago, my son brought up the idea of joining the National Guard. As the daughter of a Vietnam Veteran, I was raised to respect the military, to honor our servicemen and women, and to always show patriotism. Because of. Joining the military with a completed 4-year degree may have you believing that you have maxed out your education benefits, especially if taking advantage of a student loan repayment or scholarship program. But the military offers a number of opportunities to pursue advanced degrees at no-cost. Many even pay you to attend Few of my son's classmates seem to be attracted to government service, such as the Peace Corp or VISTA, and almost none are signing up for military service. I am saddened, but not surprised 5. Join the Future Soldiers Program as a high school senior. Your homeschool senior may join the U.S. Army's Future Soldiers Program if he or she is interested in enlisting in the Army after graduation. Students will be able to access tutorials and information that will help prepare them for what to expect from life in the military. 6